Saturday, 14 January 2012

REVIEW: LUSH Big Hair Shampoo





So I had been hearing so much great things about this shampoo so when I was up in Dublin before Christmas I finally got to go into Lush for the very first time I went to the Henry Street Store.  I wanted to buy this but I thought it was expensive costing €14.95 I think it was around that anyways but i said sure I'll buy it anyways.  Now I realise that it is not that expensive as you do not need to use as much as any other shampoo you only need a very small amount first shampoo won't lather up as well however I have this problem with every shampoo but the second shampoo is suds galore!! At first it feels like you are putting a facial scrub in your hair cos their is seas salt in it and it kinda has a scrub like texture, it smells really nice and fresh.  You definitely do get a bit of oomph from this shampoo I will definitely re purchase this.  Also if you have 5 empty containers of any Lush product in the black packing like the big shampoo and you clean them and return them they will give you a free fresh face mask!  I also found this shampoo did not make my hair greasy I often get an extra day out of my hair with this I would normally wash my hair every second day so this really does clean your hair really well as in squeaky clean no joke their is a squeak off my hair after washing it!


9/10  only deducting it a point because of the price



The ingredients in this are as follows: 
Coarse Sea Salt, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion,Fresh Sea Water, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion,Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Neroli Oil,Mandarin Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Orange Flower Absolute, *Limonene,Methyl Ionone, Perfume
*occurs naturally in essential oils

The ingredients listed in Green are Natural and the black are Synthetic.

What Lush Say
We love salt on the hair because it’s great for giving volume. We experimented with it for a very long time before coming up with this, our ultimate salt shampoo.
We’ve created a rich shampoo base, then crammed in as much sea salt as we could. But we have carefully partnered it with seaweed and coconut to give softness to the hair and fresh lemons and limes to give shine.  We then added a lovely bright and uplifting fragrance of neroli, mandarin, orange flower absolute and vanilla.
So what you get is hair that has lift and volume, but is still easy to get a comb through and smells great for hours.  A big achievement, we felt.
Salt has a second bonus;  because it is a natural preservative, this shampoo requires no added synthetic preservatives. 

You can buy this in Lush stores or at www.lush.com
330G £10.95/€14.95 I think if anyone knows the euro price please let me know I think that is it though 

Anyone used this product before or any other Lush Shampoos?

16 comments:

  1. I've never got on with this product, it didn't do anything to my hair, waste of my money. Unless theyve improved it over the years. I love their shampoo bars though.

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thats a shame everyone has different opinions sure. I have their reincarnate shampoo bar finding it hard to lather though :(

      Delete
  2. Totally worth the money. Volume is hard to come by. Thanks for the review!

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is and I love my volume :)

      Delete
  3. I used this for a while and it was great at the beginning, but I have quite sensitive skin so towards the end it started stinging my head and giving me bad dandruff :(
    I'd definitely recommend it to people whose skin isn't so sensitive though it was great for cleanliness and gave loads of volume!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I used this a while ago but didn't want to keep repurchasing it because I wasn't sure if it was worth the price. Think I may buy it again after this though!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya i agree about the price only thing is it does last bit longer you don't need to use that much at all! x

      Delete
  5. Never tried lush shampoos before or haircare only skincare. But this looks great. May have to purchase this. Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh i haven't used LUSH hair products before but this makes me want to try them! Great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds interesting, I've tried any hair products from Lush before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Lush products but never have tried the shampoo! Great blog now following! xoxo
    www.amy-beths.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I love this shampoo!!

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ive heard so much about this and your review seems to fit with everyone elses that its a good product! only thing im worried about is it being too aggresively cleany for my hair! hmmm might have to see if i can get a little sample!
    great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I just found your blog and I really like it, following!!
    I just have to ask out of curiosity, (i read your beauty tag list)..

    how can u wash your face twice in the morning?..

    take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks for spotting that I don't wash my face twice in the morning I should of put a comma after twice I ment twice a day once in the morning and then in the evening thanks for seeing that!

      Delete
  12. I heard a lot about this shampoo too and after you post am going to try it!

    I am know following sweetie please follow back if you get a chance

    http://lovemakeupfashionlife.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete